• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith deleting my recipes

dpveritasgold

New Forum Member
Reaction score
So, I'm very frustrated with this software right now. I have numerous issues with it, but for now I'd like help with this one:

I made a recipe on the beersmith app yesterday and stored it to my cloud folder. I tried to access it via the cloud today on one of my computers and initially it showed up in the cloud folder, but when I clicked it to open it BAM! It erased everything. It now shows up as "untitled" and is a blank recipe. I've looked on my phone and it's gone there and on the computer. Has anyone else had this issue and how do you fix it?

I've not seen this before except when you have a connection issue that prevents the original recipe from being stored to the cloud properly in the first place.  The program does not delete recipes from the cloud except in the case where you tell it to.

However, if you are having consistent problems let me know and I can turn on a feature on your account (which is used with paid cloud users) to archive cloud recipes.

Also if you created a recipe on the desktop (or edited it there) then there is an automatic backup of each recipe change made if you go to View->Recipe Archive and search for the recipe you were working on.

Brad

Back