• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Boil off in recipe is different from values entered in equipment profile?

bongoman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I had a recipe set up in BS2 and had originally estimated a boil-off rate of 3.2 litres per hour in my equipment profile.

After brewing yesterday, I've since measured my boil-off at 2.8 litres/hour and have updated my equipment profile to reflect this.

However back in my recipe, in the Design and Vols sections, I am seeing an uneditable reference to a boil off of 3 litres/hour.

I can't see how where this value was derived from — it doesn't reflect my equipment profile in any way. I realise it's not much of a difference but it's more a matter of me learning BS2 at this stage and seeing how these amounts come from.

Any clues on this would be appreciated.

pwnv0JH.png

Maybe I've just answered my question but when I changed the equipment profile my recipe was using to something else then changed it back to my profile, the boil off rate updated correctly to reflect the amount I actually entered in my profile.

I believe that is the case for many/most things in BS2.  Once "stuff" is placed inside a Recipe, it becomes a unique instance of that data.  The reason being that you don't want all your recipes changing haphazardly when you update a profile or ingredient. 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it's all starting to make sense now. I've realised that a recipe has it's own equipment profile and settings as it were and there is a global equipment profile as well.

Back