• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi homebrewers

Bus stop brewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
south east new york state but not the big city
Found this forum and wanted to find locals to brew with. Surprise, I found posts from around the world.

Hi fellow brewers,

I got a gallon brew kit in a Christmas grab bag at work. It sat on a shelf for some time. Then I was given a 5 gallon carboy with some random supplies for brewing. He said I like beer but the drive to the store is much easier then brewing good luck.
That was the start been three years now. After that first gallon extract kit was done and some research my hobby was off.
With a igloo cooler and a borrowed 5 gallon pot the next brew was all grain. With a bag of this handful of that and a oz. of that some yeast. Then sit back and watch. Little extra sugar into bottles it went. Flip off a cap give a pour. Wow it looks like beer smells like beer and is drinkable.
After a lot more reading and Beer smith calculator my beers are being made to styles. Favorites are Belgium's, Browns, Stouts, German lagers.
Now with home made three burner stove and up to 20 gallon pots hoses pumps and chillers brewing is really fun.
Biggest improvement was temperature control for fermentation and yeast pitch rate.
After three years and two brew clubs. Keep trying to find a club closer to home drinking and driving bad mix. You know many beers are shared at each meeting. I saw a completion advertised so what the heck. Went to the fridge and pulled out three beers I liked and sent them in. Wow 2 second place ribbons one with mid forty scores for the Belgium  and mid thirties for my Irish red.
Anyone near by want to brew contact me. Anyone from down under or across the pond want to show me your set up and procedures drop a line.

And to All Best of Brewing.

Welcome to the forums.  Maybe I missed it, but you didn't say where you were located. So, none of us knows if we are nearby you or not.

Back