• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Jacksonville Florida

MitchNicholas

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm a totally educated NOOB, I have been reading a lot on the subject over the past few years. I have been putting together some budget equipment over the past 4 or 5 years in hopes to one day start doing home brews. Never done extract or kits, just jumping in head first to all grain. Try not to pick on me too much... Current equipment inventory is: Beersmith2, A 15 gallon heavy aluminum pot for a HLT, (still need to install valve and thermometer) badass high output ghetto burner, have a Coleman extreme cooler that I plan for my mash tun (still in the design stage too... As well as my keg/keggle) still waiting on some stainless fittings from China (eBay). Wort chiller is 50' stainless from eBay as well. With hot spring and summer seasons I've decided to re purpose an old chest freezer for fermentation using Johnson controls analog controller, I have 4 glass carboys that I have found on the cheap over the last few years (didn't pay more than 15 bucks for any of them). Collected a lot of the other equipment like hydrometer, capper, a corny keg, a co2 tank with regulator, etc from Craigslist and the local flea market. My lofty plan is to start my first batch this spring sometime, really want to do an imperial IPA as my first brew maybe a Hercules DIPA clone. Planning on 10 gallon batches, force carbing to cornys then bottling to 12 oz. and bombers. Thinking about building a ghetto cereal killer, and a counter pressure bottle filler. Still need a stir plate and a 5 liter flask for starters. Did I forget anything? Cheers everyone,

There is a large club in Jacksonville, and possible more than one.  I tried to look it up but the AHA club finder is broken. 

But homebrew clubs are great for speeding the learning curve. 

Back