• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith2 stops responding in print prevew

IntlAgBrewer97

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm running BeerSmith2 v2.2.12 and it's stopping responding in one specific, repeatable instance.  (I then have to kill the process and restart)
If I select a recipe from the main window (list of recipes) and in the below preview pane select the "Recipe" option and then hit "Print" it stops responding (screenshot attached).
If I select "brew steps", it works fine, but only hangs during trying to print the "recipe" option.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and as I have read that IE is the print preview engine, my IE version is IE 11.0.9600.17631.

update - this appears to only happen on one recipe.  Any idea what the problem could be and how to "repair" this recipe to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• BS not responding (Print Preview).jpg
    BS not responding (Print Preview).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 610
If it is happening on only a single recipe then my guess would be that it is an unprintable character that is hanging up the engine.  I would check the notes field and also the notes and other fields for any ingredients.  I know in a few cases old recipes from BeerSmith 1.4 were imported with some funny characters in them that can create issues.

Brad

Back