Author Topic: is this Infection or Mold anything else bad?  (Read 8062 times)

Offline jtoots

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: is this Infection or Mold anything else bad?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »
About StarSan. It's not a cleanser. It keeps clean things sanitary.

I'm wondering if I've been a lucky dog or if other people have success with the two step process of (1) scrubbing surfaces using only water until they are spotless, then (2) spraying/soaking in Starsan.  I only use PBW when a real thorough cleaning is necessary.  Any thoughts?

Offline Maine Homebrewer

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 06:28:24 PM »
I'm wondering if I've been a lucky dog or if other people have success with the two step process of (1) scrubbing surfaces using only water until they are spotless, then (2) spraying/soaking in Starsan.

For things like transfer tubing and other items that have limited contact with post-boil wort, I pretty much to the same thing:  Clean it with hot water before the stuff has a chance to dry, then apply the sanitizer.
"To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!" -Homer Simpson

Offline jtoots

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 05:21:54 AM »
I'm wondering if I've been a lucky dog or if other people have success with the two step process of (1) scrubbing surfaces using only water until they are spotless, then (2) spraying/soaking in Starsan.

For things like transfer tubing and other items that have limited contact with post-boil wort, I pretty much to the same thing:  Clean it with hot water before the stuff has a chance to dry, then apply the sanitizer.

Solid.  Thanks MrMaine :)