• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transfer BS Mobile to new android device

brendanc

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi 

similar to a post lower down for iPhone but different....

To date I have been running BS Mobile on my wife's android tablet. I just received a new shiny android tablet today and want to move the BS over to this one, obviously there are different Google play accounts on the two devices so a restore/backup won't work.

Any way to move across or do I buy again?

Thanks

Have you tried copying the folder from the original device to the new one?  I don't have much in the app yet so I haven't tried,  but most mobile apps will allow that.

Alternately,  you can log in to your tab with the old Play account,  load the backup and then log out.

If you're looking to switch the paid app from her account to yours, Google doesn't allow this.  Your only option then is to work with the developer to see if they will refund you the purchase price if you purchase a second time.  They would need to refund you the first purchase so that the correct copy/account is invalidated.

hi,

thanks for reply.

I actually went ahead and purchased another copy from my own Google Play account for the new tab. For +/- USD 7.5 (at least in my currency) it seemed far easier just to buy another copy :)

cheers
Brendan

Back