• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Omega Yeasts

breibrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anyone has requested the addition of the Omega Yeast Brand? very good yeast company in Chicago.

Thanks

Go to:    http://www.omegayeast.com/?page_id=13589
Click on the specific yeast strain.

In BeerSmith: Click on "Tools", Click on "Yeast", click on "Add Yeast", enter the info provided by the manufacturer.

And I think if you enter them all, and send the exported data to Brad, he can make it a Add-on fairly easily. 

I have used them a few times and not one misstep. Good strains available. Their high gravity is especially good for barley wines.

My version doesn't have "Yeast" under tools drop down.

KF9TL said:
My version doesn't have "Yeast" under tools drop down.

durrettd made a small error. The option to add ingredients is under the Ingredients menu and tab.

I blame the computer - I typed "Ingredients"  and the computer heard "Tools". Stupid computer!

Well I went through the Omega Yeast Library available for home brewers and added in all the data.  How do I send this stuff to Brad to make it available for BS users?

Nice work! This is what the BeerSmith community is about!

Highlight all of the yeasts (you can isolate them in a search if you used something like "Omega" in the name or Lab field).
Click "Export All"
Send the file to beersmith [at] beersmith [dot] com.

Did anyone ever create an Omega Yeast file? I'd totally appreciate it if you could post it or send it to me. It's a lot of strains to add by hand!

Following up to this, if there is still anybody out there... Did the Omega strain get added to the database? and if so, how do I get the update in my files? :eek:

Back