• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dissapearing recipes

Troydo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey,
I have been using beersmith for many years now, however i just opened it up to plug in my OG of the latest batch and all of my recipes appear gone, however something is still there, when i click on sample recipes it shows the recipe but no list like the attatched file.

I have tried deleting the newopts14 file however that is not working.

Running windows 7, 64bit

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,046
But will updating save my recipes? And soudnt the software still work ? It has worked fine until this incident.

Its been a long time, and my memory is failing, but I have all my recipes from my whole history with BeerSmith so the update I did must have worked fine.

BeerSmith 1.4 used the directory /Documents/BeerSmith.  The current version uses /Documents/BeerSmith2. So, your recipes should still be in that older folder.

There is an import wizard that should find the recipes as long as you haven't moved or changed the directory tree.

Back