• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Star rating next to recipes

Dan5050

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Might be nice to have some kind of rating system as one of the things displayed when looking at recipes. Sometimes I want to take ideas from other recipes i really liked, but I have to click through to my tasting notes to remember which beer was good and which was not so good. Rating or star system would make it visually easy to separate all my many crap recipes from my good ones with a simple glance.

I believe you're already able to display your taste rating as a column in the recipe folder view.

Right click the column header line
Find and add "Rating" to the display box

How does one actually rate a recipe? I cannot find a field to change this variable.

click Fermentation tab.  Its there near the bottom under taste rating

I knew that, but still can't find it sometimes. It's my favorite Beersmith feature too. Should be in the Selectable Fields right on the front design page.

Finally found a use for the version number.  You can plug your taste number in there, its not under selectable fields on the design page either but you can view it as a column in recipes or brew log view

Hi,
Couldn't find another thread on this so i thaught i would continue this one.

if i type in a rating, it still does not show up under the "Stars" tab in the recipe index for example.The number shows up under "Rating" tab but only "Unrated" beneath the Stars tab.
What is the purpose of this Stars tab???

Thanks.

Back