• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Computer problem

PaddyB

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all. I just bought a new computer. Is there any way to copy the Beersmith program along with all my recipes across to the new computer? Do I need to buy the program again?

You can use the same activation key for the new install. Once you have BeerSmith installed and the activation key entered, you can copy the Documents/BeerSmith2 directory from the old computer and paste it to replace the same directory on your new computer. All of your recipes and personalized profiles are in that directory.

How many times can this be done?  I just purchased an activation code, but have not yet installed it.  I will be installing it on my home computer, but would also like to install on my work computer.  The problem is, I will eventually replace both of these computers.  I have read I can have it on 2 computers, but when I get new computers, will I need to buy this again?

jrowland74 said:
How many times can this be done?  I just purchased an activation code, but have not yet installed it. ...The problem is, I will eventually replace both of these computers.  I have read I can have it on 2 computers, but when I get new computers, will I need to buy this again?

You can have two active copies running. As you replace computers and transfer the files, the activation codes stays good.

Just install BeerSmith on the new computer, activate it then replace the /Documents/BeerSmith2 folder with the one from the old computer. That folder has all of your recipes and customized profiles.

I have just asked a similar question in another thread before I found this. Sorry.
On a Windows 7 install where is the Beersmith2 file kept? I found one in "User"/documents and copied to the new user but Beersmith has not changed even after restarting.
Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Back