Author Topic: Printing the shopping list locks up printer  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Tippy

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Printing the shopping list locks up printer
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »
Every time I try to print the shopping list it locks up my printer.  I have tried using both the big and little button to print from.  It sends me to the print screen where I get to choose my printer and number of copies.  When I push print on that screen it sends to the print cache but trips my printer up.  Printer tells me I have to shut it down before resuming.  I have to cancel the print job and reboot the printer before I can print anything else.   Printing recipes works fine.  Printer is an HP 8500 that is connected wirelessly.  Any thoughts?

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Malt dust is just alcohol's glitter
Re: Printing the shopping list locks up printer
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »
Printer is an HP 8500 that is connected wirelessly.  Any thoughts?

I have had eleventeen thousand problems with that model printer.

I had to go to the HP driver site and reload the drivers onto my computer using their wizard. The printer also seems more stable when it's wired into a server computer and shared, rather than used wirelessly.
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

Offline Tippy

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Printing the shopping list locks up printer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
Re-installing the driver did the trick!  I am not a fan of this model printer either.  I've had two of them and they are goofy.  I don't like the fact that you cant print if one of the ink colors is empty...why do I need yellow to print black and white!  lol.