• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Creating equipment profiles

gibbiem

Apprentice
Reaction score
Areet! I know this has probably been discussed a million times but my question is a bit specific...

Do you need to create a different profile per batch size? So equipment 1 for batchs that are 23l and equipment 2 for batchs that are 10l and so on?

Also, do you have to create equipment for a 60 min boil and then a different equipment for a 90 min boil?

Cheers

It depends on what sort of post-boil losses you have and how accurate you want BeerSmith to be.

If you have a set amount of trub and chiller loss for every batch regardless of size, then Brewhouse efficiency will drop, sometimes substantially. You may want different profiles to account for this, just to make things easier.

Now, what if you want to scale a recipe up or down in size? You'll need profiles for the size you intend to scale to.

I have profiles for full, half and super hoppy batches. In each case, the profile helps me know exactly how it'll turn out.

brewfun said:
I have profiles for full, half and super hoppy batches. In each case, the profile helps me know exactly how it'll turn out.

I like that idea, thanks for sharing it.

Back