• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS2 fails to import any XML files

crozdog

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently upgraded to BS 2.2.12 for mac & realised that I had a lot of old recipes I had created in Brewsta that I wanted in BS. I saved them into xml in brewsta & then tried to open them in BS

Each time I try, I get the following error:
Assertion Failed! - [File /Users/Doc/Documents/Src/BeerSmith2/BSDocument.cpp:2045 compiled Dec  4 2013]

Then a wxWidgets Debug Alert appears as follows:

/Users/Doc/Documents/Src/SLib/SLib.cpp(841): assert "0" failed in SAssert().

Call stack:
[00] BSDocument::DoSetDb(BCommand*)         
[01] BSDocument::OpenFileInTab(BCommand*, wxString&, bool)
[02] BSDocument::OnOpen(BCommand*)         
[03] BSDocument::StartCommand(BCommand*)   
[04] SView::HandleCommand(wxCommandEvent&) 
[05] SView::OnCommand(wxCommandEvent&)     
[06] wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) const
[07] BSApp::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) const
[08] wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler(wxEvtHandler*, wxEventFunctor&, wxEvent&) const
[09] wxEvtHandler::processEventIfMatchesId(wxEventTableEntryBase const&, wxEvtHandler*, wxEvent&)
[10] wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable(wxEvent&)
[11] wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly(wxEvent&)   
[12] wxEvtHandler::TryBeforeAndHere(wxEvent&)
[13] wxEvtHandler::processEventLocally(wxEvent&)
[14] wxEvtHandler::processEvent(wxEvent&)   
[15] wxWindowBase::processWindowEvent(wxEvent&)
[16] BSFrame::OnCommand(wxCommandEvent&)   
[17] wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) const
[18] BSApp::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler*, void (wxEvtHandler::*)(wxEvent&), wxEvent&) const
[19] wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler(wxEvtHandler*, wxEventFunctor&, wxEvent&) const
[20] wxEvtHandler::processEventIfMatchesId(wxEventTableEntryBase const&, wxEvtHandler*, wxEvent&)
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

I have searched my machine for a file called "BSDocument.cpp" but it does not exist in that directory or anywhere else on my machine.

The same happens when I attempt to open any of the promash recipes I downloaded and converted to beerxml files.

FYI, I am running OSX 10.7.5

Appreciate your help as I really want to reuse these old recipes

Thank in advance
Philip

I confirm this is the case (though I DID initially manage to import one BeerXML file, never a subsequent one).

So I downgraded to 2.1.02 which I'd done this with many a time, and had previously had no issues, and the problem was still there.

@crozdog: Of course the BSDocument.cpp file doesn't exist on your computer. That's (one of) the source file from which Beersmith was compiled.

Code:
Assertion Failed! - [File BSDocument.cpp:3391 compiled Dec  4 2013
followed by:
Code:
ASSERT INFO:
SLib.cpp(841): assert "0" failed in SAssert().

BACKTRACE:
[1] g_closure_invoke
[2] g_signal_emit_valist
[3] g_signal_emit
[4] gtk_widget_send_focus_change
[5] g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__OBJECTv
[6] g_signal_emit_valist
[7] g_signal_emit
[8] g_signal_emit_valist
[9] g_signal_emit
[10] gtk_widget_grab_focus
[11] g_closure_invoke
[12] g_signal_emit_valist
[13] g_signal_emit
[14] gtk_propagate_event
[15] gtk_main_do_event
[16] g_main_context_dispatch
[17] g_main_loop_run
[18] gtk_main
[19] __libc_start_main

My system is Linux (Debian/sid)

Since it worked once and not again, and it's obviously gtk related, I'm going to logout/login and see if I can open a file.

Mr Musrat, how did it go after you logged out / in again?

Back