• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Smash Citra

goaman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all!!

This is my 1st all grain brew. Gonna brew next week. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance!

PS- I have the Portuguese translation. Let me know if you don't understand any word.

bsxtmp_22360-page-001.jpg

Good luck with your brew!

My advice is to measure everything very carefully and write down every measurement you take. You are unlikely to hit your numbers exactly and you can use your data to fine tune your brew profile. You probably won't reach 72% mash efficiency on your first BIAB venture so be prepared for that.

My only comment on the recipe itself is that I personally would have gone with a lighter malt like Vienna. But hey it's your beer and I am sure it is going to be great. I have made Citra only Pale Ale and it is fabulous!

Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck with your brew.  I agree with TAHammerton, I'd have used a lighter malt as well, but that's just me.  Citra hops make a great single hop IPA, with great citrusy grapefruit flavor.  That's why I'd stick to a lighter malt, but it could be very interesting with a Munich.  Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers.

Back