• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Soda Stream

TurnDevil

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried to carbonate the beer using a Soda Stream - meaning, while bottling, sticking a bit of beer into the SS bottle and force carbonating to produce instant carbonation. Just wondered if the levels are right and it tastes okay...my thinking is just to do this to get that quick check on the brew and not having to wait until the levels have increased in the bottle, plus I assume you could use several to take to parties if you only have beer in a keg.

Cant imagine it works or surely I would have heard about it!

I do have a Soda Stream but I have never tried this.  My only concern would be that I do not believe that the carbonating straw that actually goes into the liquid is removable, therefore it would be very hard to fully clean out and beer that would get into it and gunk it up.  Not to mention it would create off flavors in anything else you would carbonate going forward. 

Maybe just soak it in real Coke - strips everything! Did you manage to try this? Could maybe design a system specifically for the HB market?

anytime you try to carbonate anything other than water with a soda stream you get a fountain when you remove the bottle.

Back