• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

mylar vacuum sealer

K

KernelCrush

I bought a Sinbo brand vacuum sealer for hop storage.  There's not many will vacuum and also seal mylar like this one claims but fails.  It vacuums very slowly, it has 9 heat settings for the seal but none work for long on mylar, they all lose vacuum after just a day or 2.  Tried to return it, vendor ignored me, so Amazon credited me.  Works great on standard bags but that's not what I want.   

Can anyone recommend one they have that vacuums and seals well?

Really?  Which model?  I have one that has been working well with the mylar bags with a heat setting of 6 or 7.  Vacuum sealed and still holding months later.  Maybe there is something wrong with the heating wire in yours (or maybe mine and I just got lucky?)

Glad your having good luck.  Which model you have?  Mine was a "NEW !! UPGRADED MODEL SINBO DZ-280/2SE Wide Seal for Mylar Bags ".  It came with some standard clear foodsaver bags.  I ordered 3.5 ml gallon bags and 4.3 ml  quart bags.  Maybe its the thickness?  But on 9 heat the mylar almost melts on both sizes. I tried every setting from 1-9.

Thanks OG.  The DZ280 works perfectly.  I must have got a bad one with the other model.  Only wish it was wide enough to reseal factory bags from hops direct.

Back