• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Enter Activation Code every time?

DethApostle

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently downloaded and purchased BS 2 and have it installed on two computers (1 windows, 1 Ubuntu) and set it up to share the recipes between the two with Dropbox.
I entered the activation code the first time however each time I now enter the program on either machine it prompts me to re-enter it before I can continue.
Is this something to do with the setup I have using dropbox or is that unrelated?
Please can somebody assist with this as it's getting a little annoying when I only want to update a gravity reading or tinker with a recipe!

Thanks
DA

This is not normal behavior for BeerSmith.

When the computers are used as stand alone, do they both exhibit the same behavior? In other words, can you close the program, then reopen it to recipes on that computer without having to reactivate?

The default directory should be documents/BeerSmith2. At this time, BeerSmith is not set up to use any other cloud storage other than the one embedded in the program.

Strangely the PC version seems to have stopped requesting the activation now. (I haven't tested the Linux install yet though)
I think i'll revert to the inbuilt Cloud storage for now and see if that makes a difference.

Back