• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing issue

bdhummel

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have been unable to print my recipes after upgrading to BeerSmith 2.2 (previous version printed fine).  The print window come up but the preview pane is blank and I get a blank page printed.  I am running version 2.2.12 on a Mac.  Can someone suggest a fix?  Didn't see this topic posted.

Sorry, just noticed a similar post about printing issues which was posted very recently.  My issues are on a Mac.  I am also primarily using Firefox.

Just figured out that if I go to the File menu - Print Preview, the recipe preview shows up.  Then, with the print preview window open, if I click on the print button, the recipe shows up and prints.

I also checked my web browsers for updates.  Both my Firefox and Safari appear to be up to date (no updates available).

I also have the printing issue mentioned here.  I can get the Print Preview window to show what is supposed to be printed, but that only works ONE TIME.  Then, I have to shut down BeerSmith, and reload it, to get it to print again.  Otherwise, bringing up the Print window shows a blank page, which is indeed what is 'printed'.  Is there a bug in the program that needs to be smashed, or am I somehow doing something wrong?

Beersmith 2.2.12, Mac OS 10.9.4

bdhummel said:
Just figured out that if I go to the File menu - Print Preview, the recipe preview shows up.  Then, with the print preview window open, if I click on the print button, the recipe shows up and prints.

I also checked my web browsers for updates.  Both my Firefox and Safari appear to be up to date (no updates available).

I can get as far as the red text but at that point I see a blank window and none of the buttons at the top work (can't even click them though their tool-tips still show). Really wish we could get some kind of official response or at least acknowledgement of this issue.

Did anyone ever figure out a fix on this. Looks like this issue has been going on for at least a year. I am getting the same issues as others have stated here.

I'm also have the same issue.  I can do a File > Print Preview and see a preview of the recipe.  But if I try to print the recipe, the print window is blank as well as the actual print out.  Running a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, BeerSmith 2.2.12.  Has anyone figured out how to resolve this issue?

I too am having a very similar issue, blank page on screen but nothing prints. Printer never gets a command to print anything. I also printed something out of MS Word just to be sure the printer driver for Windows 10 was see the printer. That worked fine. I just printed a recipe a few week ago just fine, after the Windows 10 upgrade. Not sure what changed in BS.
Also, I upgraded phones and I noticed BS mobile is not on my phone anymore. Can't seem to find a way to get it back. Do I have to buy it again or is there a way to port it over somehow? :mad:???
Matt... 

mpmccann said:
I too am having a very similar issue, blank page on screen but nothing prints. Printer never gets a command to print anything. I also printed something out of MS Word just to be sure the printer driver for Windows 10 was see the printer. That worked fine. I just printed a recipe a few week ago just fine, after the Windows 10 upgrade.
Matt...

I just wanted to report back and let those know that I figured out how to get my particular system, Beer Smith, and Windows 10 to print.
I have a Canon printer and even thought my printer drivers were only about a month old, I checked the support page on Canon's site and found newer drivers. After installing those, my printing problem went away. Not sure If I just lucked out or what, but I thought I would share.  :p

I have a similar issue, running Widows 7 Ultimate. I can see the print preview of the brew steps, but when I click 'Print' all I get is a blank page. It's been doing this ever since version 2.2 came out.

I seem to recall I was told that it had to do with Windows Explorer not being updated. I have updated to the most recent version, but still no luck printing.

Anyone know how to make Beersmith print recipes?! I'm about to find some different software.

Back