• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Updating your Program/Data

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
We occasionally add new data to our databases which you can freely download over the internet if you have a registered version of BeerSmith:

1. Run the "Update BeerSmith from Internet" command on the Tools menu.
2. Press the start button.
3. If any updates are found, press the "OK" button to install them.  Note that program updates can sometimes take several minutes to fully install, so please don't panic if the program does not immediately respond when doing a program update.

- You can also schedule automatic updates using the "Auto Update" tab on the "Options" dialog under the "Tools" menu.

Cheers!
Brad

Hi Brad
I have been using your software for 2years roughly and in that time there has not been one update because I regulary check to see if there are any updates , so when will there be any and recipe changes ?

Phil
If you are not getting updates, you should manually download and install the newest version. There have been updates. There may have been an updating problem with the version you are on if it's that old. I believe I'm on version 1.40 build 036. Just checked and there is a build 037 available for download.

Cheers
Preston

If u do not have any updates then try to download updates from internet or the best way is to use window 7 where u don't need any kind of updates because its automatic and its is away from virus also.

I did post a series of ingredient updates recently.  You can manually download them here if they are not automatically coming through:

http://www.beersmith.com/blog/2011/03/06/beersmith-hops-and-yeast-updates/

Brad

Back