• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problems with Android

dubbadan

Brewer
Reaction score
I'm having some major problems with my Android version of BS2.

Some of my recipes will not load. When I click on the recipe in the list the "loading recipe" screen comes up and the wheel spins forever seemingly. If I click the "back" button during this time I get the "could not load recipe" screen. If I click on "edit" during loading, sometimes the edit screen comes up, sometimes a JavaScript error message comes up and the app freezes and I need to force close it. If during editing I click on "cancel" I'm returned to the endless loading screen. If during editing I click on the "save" button I get a screen with 4 buttons at the top (view, timer, copy, delete) and nothing else.

On top of this, I sometimes get JavaScript error messages when trying to save a recipe. Sometimes recipes completely disappear from the list. Luckily these problems are only happening in "my recipes", and "cloud recipes" are ok so I haven't yet lost any data, but I am getting concerned.

I got this error (and subsequent freezing requiring force stopping the app) when I tried to open a recipe just now:

JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'F_E_CALC_BOIL' of undefined on line 7277 for file:///android_asset/www/beersmithFull.js

Thanks,
  I'm working to get a fix out for this - will try very hard to get it out by the weekend.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Thanks,
  I'm working to get a fix out for this - will try very hard to get it out by the weekend.

Brad
Making any headway on that fix?

Sorry - was overcome by events and a few other reported issues.  My goal is to get it out no later than Monday.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Sorry - was overcome by events and a few other reported issues.  My goal is to get it out no later than Monday.

Brad
No worries, thanks Brad.

Posted a fix this morning - let me know if you still have troubles.

Yeah just downloaded the update, attempted to open a recipe and got this error message:
JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Data' of undefined on line 4626 for file:///android_assest/www/beersmithFull.js

dubbadan said:
Yeah just downloaded the update, attempted to open a recipe and got this error message:
JavaScript error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Data' of undefined on line 4626 for file:///android_assest/www/beersmithFull.js
I just got the same message again, this time after I simply opened the app. Then it froze and I had to force stop it.

How do update on android?  Google Play only wants to open or uninstall.

dubbadan said:
dubbadan said:
I just got the same message again, this time after I simply opened the app. Then it froze and I had to force stop it.
Goddammit, now this is all that happens and I can't use the app at all!

I have had java problems with beersmith for andriod. It didn't work to uninstall/install, but uninstall and then delete all app data with a file explorer as ez file explorer (search on sd card for beersmith) and reinstall worked for me.  :D

Back