• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Find recipes by ingredients

ale_bari

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if the "Find recipes by ingredients" functionality is implemented in the new version and if so, how can I access to it. I tried the usual way (ctrl + f) but didn't work. Thanks!
PS: I've searched the forum looking for some help about this subject and found the same question but it isn't answered.

From everything I have read and experienced there is no functionality like this released in the current version. The search now is just name/title search from what I have found.

Hi,
  Its not in the current version but it certainly is on my "to do" list to add back in.

Brad

I just upgraded...is it included yet. I liked that feature for planning my brewing recipe.

Not yet - it is high on the list for the next major update though.

Brad

I am with you wanlord. This was one of my favorite features of 1.4 and I really miss it. I have so many ideas for improving it such as searching sub folders option. I like Beersmith but the feature that brought me to buy originally was the search feature. I have a lot of inventory that I don't want to spend a lot of time entering and it would be so great if I could just pick ingredients and find a recipe to brew up.

I'm trying to get it into the next minor version update - which will probably be early next year.  At the moment I'm trying to finish up the "full" mobile version to get it into testing and then I'll switch focus to the next minor BeerSmith update (fixes and eventually something that will be 'BeerSmith 2.2') - but we're probably looking at the new year before it is all done.

Brad

This sucks. One of the main reasons I purchased Beersmith again was for this functionality

Jaco said:
This sucks. One of the main reasons I purchased Beersmith again was for this functionality

I agree this is why I bought it also. I loved the feature and I wouldn't have purchased 2.0 If I would have known they removed it.
I haven't used 2.0 since they removed that feature.

I too was disappointed by search being omitted but based off what Brad did with 2.0 I hold a lot of hope that he has been really thinking of the most useful way to implement this. I still rely on 1.4 for this but duplicated recipes across both just to have the search. Search folder and subfolders by ingredients is what I really wish for.

Back