Author Topic: Open Beta - Build 42 Beta Available Here  (Read 7266 times)

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Open Beta - Build 42 Beta Available Here
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »
All,
  Here is the "open beta" download links for build 42 of BeerSmith 2.  Build 42 is an interim (beta) build that I intend to roll into a formal release for all users sometime in September.  The purpose of publishing it here is to give adventurous users a chance to try out the patches/features listed below.  If you run into problems, I recommend going back to the stable release (build 40).

- I recommend backing up your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory before installing - just in case!
 - Download and install the updates below using the normal process - assuming you already have BeerSmith 2, you can use the installer (on the

PC) or drag it to your Applications directory (Mac) as you did with earlier versions.

Release Notes:
 - Fixed "water/grain" precision bug to allow proper setting of water/grain ratio and water amounts in mash profiles
 - Moved "tabs" for open recipes up to the title bar for a cleaner use of space (good for those with small screens)
 - Changed shopping list to display long name for items added so yeast product numbers, hop alpha, etc are now included
 - Corrected storing of column sort order - it previously did not store "reverse" sorts properly between sessions
 - Added new unit system for yeast starters - can be set from yeast starter tab
 - Corrected bug in pricing of inventory for Misc items
 - Corrected bug in list control that may have led to some crashes
 - Corrected bug in import of files that could have led to crashes (only two instances known)
 - Corrected BeerXML export - it was exporting some items more than once
 - Added "print tab" button to print screens for open recipes, and changed default print function to use default recipe format instead (more intuitive)
 - Corrected BeerXML water/grain ratio on export
 - Corrected problem where double click of some buttons was bleeding through to window underneath it
 - Matched DME carbonation factors between recipe carb calculator and standalone tool
 - Corrected bug in late extract additions - was not allowing late extract additions in a partial mash brew
 - Added choose button to make it easier to add custom report templates
 - Corrected water/grain ratio on infusion tool - was not showing metric units properly

The links to download (direct) are:
    http://www.beersmith.com/download/BeerSmith2_42.exe - Windows version
    http://www.beersmith.com/download/BeerSmith2_42.dmg - Mac version (compressed)
    http://www.beersmith.com/download/BeerSmith2_42_uncompressed.dmg - Mac version (uncompressed)

If you have comments or bug specific to this build, please post them in this thread.  Note I may be
in and out of the office periodically next week so I may not respond immediately.

Thanks,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline Rakes

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: Open Beta - Build 42 Beta Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
I like the move of the tabs to the title bar - does indeed make it easier to navigate a recipe. However, it makes it hard to get to the upper right options ('OK', 'Cancel') when the sidebar is open. 
Related comment - perhaps a quick-key command that would show/toggle the sidebar back on. the 'X' is easy to reach to hide it, but restoring it with a quick key would be nice.  I often need to hide the sidebar for full recipe viewing.

Offline Rakes

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:18:51 AM »
Shopping cart in Beta 42 doesn't seem to work.  Does not consider Inventory (on hand), and Needed always equals Amount.

Offline erikn68

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
Any idea when build 42 is available in the normal mode and not beta?

Erik

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
Erik
  I'm shooting for a release sometime next week.  I just finished the full BeerXML import and I have a few other minor issues to correct before release.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline Rakes

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »
Beta bug note?

Seem to have a weight entry problem (*yeah, too many pizza/beer calories too!).
In formulating a new recipe, I want to enter 2oz of Chocolate Grain - The software enters it as 1.6 oz.   
I tried entering as both '2 oz'  as well as "2/16"  both result as 1.6oz.

* edit - just changed the precision options to be greater for grain units - now when I enter 2 oz, or 2/16 or 1/8   software enters the grain weight as "2.1"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:16:28 PM by Rakes »

modification