• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

No Printing on MAC's

steveoatley

Apprentice
Reaction score
Beer Smith 3.1.06

Macbook Air OS = 10.13.6

No printing Beer Smith Recipes
Click Print Icon ( button) in way Upper Left
Web page opens in FireFox 78.0.2
Web page = the little dot moves back and forth showing it is trying to do something...........
http://users/MY NAME/Library/Application%20Support/BeerSmith3/Reports/bsxtmp_2019166779.htm

Web page results = The connection has timed out

The server at www.users.com is taking too long to respond.

Please fix

Please RETURN the little x at the corner of each TAB, so you can Click away a TAB ( recipe ) wit the little x
7/12/20 5:12 pm

Interesting, because it does work on a Mac with OS 10.15.5 (i.e. Catalina) using the print button in the way upper left as well as using the print button above the report window.

thanks...but ii will have to go BACK to BeerSmith 3 then
CAN'T go to Catalina right now - other stupid computer stuff

Try sending an email directly to Brad. I use Catalina and had no problem upgrading the new version.

Hi,
  I think I've found the source of the problem - when "Print to browser" is checked it is not adding the "file://" extension before the file name.

I've corrected this in the latest build but have a few more bugs to clean up before I release it.  It will be in build 3.1.7 hopefully late this week.

Thanks,
Brad

Back