Author Topic: BeerSmith 3 on iPad  (Read 116 times)

Offline Yeti

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
BeerSmith 3 on iPad
« on: October 12, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
Good morning! I am up and running with BeerSmith 3 on my work computer on my desk. I would like to log in using my iPad for working in the cellar.

Can you please guide me to the procedure to get logged in?

Thanks!

Offline Kevin58

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • I make beer. Not a style.
Re: BeerSmith 3 on iPad
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
You need to purchase the mobile version from the app store.
If you?re stressing over homebrewing, you?re doing something wrong.
- Denny Conn

Offline Yeti

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
I did purchase the mobile version. What I can?t figure out is how to access my brews saved in my desktop profile.

Thanks.

Offline Kevin58

• I make beer. Not a style.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 08:48:37 AM »
The two do not automatically share information. If you created a recipe on your desktop you need to copy that recipe to the cloud. Now the mobile version can open it.

Be aware now that any changes you make to one will not be reflected on the other. I don't know how many times I have made a last minute tweak to a recipe on my desktop the night before brew day - then the next morning take my iPad out to the garage to begin brewing only to discover part way through the process that the change I made last night is not in the recipe on my mobile device.

The good news is if I read Brad's last blog post correctly is that some sort of cloud sharing capability is being worked on for a future software update.
If you?re stressing over homebrewing, you?re doing something wrong.
- Denny Conn

Offline Yeti

• BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:37:34 AM »
The two do not automatically share information. If you created a recipe on your desktop you need to copy that recipe to the cloud. Now the mobile version can open it.

Be aware now that any changes you make to one will not be reflected on the other. I don't know how many times I have made a last minute tweak to a recipe on my desktop the night before brew day - then the next morning take my iPad out to the garage to begin brewing only to discover part way through the process that the change I made last night is not in the recipe on my mobile device.

The good news is if I read Brad's last blog post correctly is that some sort of cloud sharing capability is being worked on for a future software update.

Excellent! Thanks!

Offline dtapke

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:12:12 AM »
Or, download Teamviewer or other services on your tablet/computer and do the process on your computer via teamviewer on your tablet...
32g eHERMS
Drinking: Dopplebock, NEIPA, Pils
Primary: empty
Secondary/Lagering:
Next Brew: RIS

modification