• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 3 Desktop Icon in Windows 10

PICCOLO-BREW

Apprentice
Reaction score
This may seem silly, not important to the function of the program, but it's making me crazy! lol

The BeerSmith 3 Desktop Icon looks like a glass of Pale Ale vs. the Icon that shows on the taskbar while the program is running looks like a Stout ...
was this intentional or is it a bug?

FP

Thanks for the response GF...  so it seems there's a little bug then.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I hadn't uninstalled BS-2.3xx... maybe Brad can enlighten us?
:)

Yeah, my icons are light in the desktop and dark on the task bar too. Same icon as the upper left in the BS3 window.

I still have BS 2.3 installed, so that isn't it. I do see that the "Add Recipe" button is the dark glass like Joe observed, but my taskbar icon is yellow. I wonder if it has to do with color schemes and an attempt to get more contrast?

--GF

I like that they each have a different color. Helps me know which one I am launching. I still go back to BS2 occasionally just to compare what the new version is doing with past entries.

So I'm not alone...  hoping there's a fix because it should be consistent.

@Kevin58 That's the point, when I look at my taskbar after launching BS-3 it's looks like BS-2 on the taskbar which can be confusing...  and I was doing the same (comparing between versions) at first.

PICCOLO-BREW said:

@Kevin58 That's the point, when I look at my taskbar after launching BS-3 it's looks like BS-2 on the taskbar which can be confusing...  and I was doing the same (comparing between versions) at first.

You can change the icon by right clicking the startup icon, choose Properties > Change Icon > Browse

There's a light and dark icon to choose from.

It should automatically take you to the icons folder, but if it doesn't the path is: /Program Files (x86)/BeerSmith3/icons

brewfun said:
PICCOLO-BREW said:

You can change the icon by right clicking the startup icon, choose Properties > Change Icon > Browse

There's a light and dark icon to choose from.

It should automatically take you to the icons folder, but if it doesn't the path is: /Program Files (x86)/BeerSmith3/icons

@brewfun

Thanks, but that's not it, my Desktop icon is light, but as I said when the program is running the task icon is dark, I had already checked the setting before to make  sure and it was still set to light.

Note: I also notice in the program preferences there is a checkbox to use light icons and that made no difference when I changed it on / off.

PICCOLO-BREW said:
@brewfun

Thanks, but that's not it, my Desktop icon is light, but as I said when the program is running the task icon is dark, I had already checked the setting before to make  sure and it was still set to light.

Have you done the same thing for the taskbar icon? Mine are pinned to the taskbar, which might make a difference.

Brad used a new desktop/app icon for BS3 but didn't change them in app.  Seems like a minor difference but some of us notice and obsess abou tit.

jomebrew said:
Brad used a new desktop/app icon for BS3 but didn't change them in app.  Seems like a minor difference but some of us notice and obsess about it.

I guess I'm a little OCD and wanted to know if this was a glitch on my system or just BS3.

brewfun said:
PICCOLO-BREW said:
@brewfun

Have you done the same thing for the taskbar icon? Mine are pinned to the taskbar, which might make a difference.

I don't have it pinned so it can't be changed, as I had mentioned it's showing the running program on my task bar at that point.

Attachments

• BS3-ICON-Capture.JPG
    BS3-ICON-Capture.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 270
Back