• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Licensing - multiple computers

jviss

Apprentice
Reaction score
If I purchase BS2, can I install it on multiple laptops?  They are all mine, but I have a small one for travel, a larger one for home; and I occasionally upgrade, so I'd need to move BS2 to the new one.

Thanks,

jv

From the BeerSmith web site:

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use BeerSmith on more than one computer?
Yes, you can use one BeerSmith activation key on up to TWO computers (PC or Mac) as long as both computers are for your personal use.  For example installing on your laptop and desktop computer would be fine.  Sharing or giving a key to another person for their use is strictly prohibited.

Oginme said:
From the BeerSmith web site:

Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use BeerSmith on more than one computer?
Yes, you can use one BeerSmith activation key on up to TWO computers (PC or Mac) as long as both computers are for your personal use.  For example installing on your laptop and desktop computer would be fine.  Sharing or giving a key to another person for their use is strictly prohibited.

Thank you very much!  I looked, but couldn't find that.  I wonder if you get rid of a computer, can you "de-register" that one, and install on another?

I only ask because I'm right in the middle of such a swap at the moment.  I'd like to be able to keep my license through generations of laptops.

Perhaps I missed the answer somewhere but I also need to know how to download the software on a 2nd iPad without first paying for it.
Thanks for you4 help,
Mike

I have the same problem, I have 3 computers, installed BS only on 2 for now without a problem. I am also reinstalling my system quite often, so what's then? Is the license bound to the computer like Microsoft nowadays or there will be a problem with activating it 3rd time?

Read the FAQ on the main BeerSmith web site.  Brad specifically states that the license is good for 2 computers.  To install on a second computer/device, you need to download and install the software and then use the validation code send for the initial computer where the software is installed.  I have successfully reinstalled the software on a new computer after deleting it from an old computer.

Yes but you are still talking about using only 2 times the serial number, we are asking if its possible to use it more times after reinstalling system or on new computer for example.

Back