• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add Style?

Ahks

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Playing with adding a custom style for a flavor I'm hunting that doesn't quite fit into other styles.

Put in a bunch of stuff, then click OK to Save and close.

*poof*

Whered it go? Searched BeerSmith styles for it, nada. Searched my HDD, nada.

Is it gone or is it hiding somewhere?

When you created the style, what style guide did you put it under?  BeerSmith only displays the style guide you have set for default, so if you set it for another style guide, it will not show up.  To change the style guide which is displayed, go to 'options' > 'display style guide' and set it to the style guide you entered when you set up the style profile.

Thank you. That was the problem. I had put "Custom" in the field, but Custom wasn't the selected style guideline.

Now Brad needs to add the ability to select multiple style guidelines so I don't feel like a fraud putting "BJCP 2015" in that field...

I've been collecting Victorian Era recipes and data for a while and created my own category. It sucks that it doesn't show up in the style guidelines but if I search "Victorian" they all display.

Follow up: go to preferences and use the drop down menu named "Display Style Guide" and you can choose all or a specific style guide including any that you've made yourself.

Back