• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith printing issue on Windows 10

brendo

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I keep having issues with Beersmith (2.3.7) whenever I try to print a recipe on Windows 10. It doesn't seem to matter where I try to print from or what view, but after selecting the destination printer and hitting print, the print screen appears to just hang and not send the recipe through to the printer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling over the top again, but it hasn't resolved the issue.

Any ideas people?

Cheers,

Brendo

Download the new beta (2.3.10) from the sticky thread at the top of this board.  Then go to Options->Reports and enable the option to print directly to your browser.  This will make BeerSmith send reports to your browser so you can print from there.  That should let you print correctly.

Brad

I am having same issue and also printing to pdf.  Will this install a whole new version of BS?  Will all settings and recipes be retained?  Also I do not see link to download beta version.  Thanks

I have the exact issue on Windows 10. Do you test on Windows 10?

It has not issues generating Plaint Text but cannot get past print preview. The HTML print view is not sufficient as it's badly formatted.

First, check to make sure you have the latest version (should be 2.3.12).  If not, you can download it from the download page at http://beersmith.com/download-beersmith/

Next, if you are trying to print to a .pdf file, open up 'options' > 'reports', and check off to 'send printouts to default browser'.  From there, you should  be able to 'print' the report as a .pdf file.

In either Chrome or Edge, you will need to change the printer to 'save as pdf' or 'microsoft print to pdf'. 

If you are trying to print directly from BeerSmith to a printer, I have not encountered that issue and hopefully updating to 2.3.12 will take care of this issue.

I have windows 10 and BS 2.3.12 and when I try to print it cuts off the right side and bottom few lines from the printer.  If I save it as a pdf it still cuts off the same sections of the page in the brewing steps.  How can I get the full page printed?

I have BS 2.3.12 and I keep getting an error when I try to print a shopping list in Windows 10,

These are the error codes.

16:51:55: C:\Users\Dads Laptop\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_1217.html: file does not exist!
16:51:58: File 'C:\Users\Dads Laptop\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_1217.html' couldn't be removed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Is there a work around or an update in the works?

Also is there any thought to working in an airdrop a recipe function in BS mobile?

Thanks in Advance!

PJ

15:40:41: C:\Users\abero\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_32130.html: file does not exist!
15:40:49: File 'C:\Users\abero\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_32130.html' couldn't be removed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

I have the exactly the same problem.  Does anyone here have a solution?

PJRanger said:
I have BS 2.3.12 and I keep getting an error when I try to print a shopping list in Windows 10,

16:51:55: C:\Users\Dads Laptop\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_1217.html: file does not exist!
16:51:58: File 'C:\Users\Dads Laptop\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_1217.html' couldn't be removed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Also is there any thought to working in an airdrop a recipe function in BS mobile?

Thanks in Advance!

PJ

I just tried the work around listed in the first reply, and it seems to have worked.

sparkyaber said:
PJRanger said:

Thanks in Advance!

PJ

I just tried the work around listed in the first reply, and it seems to have worked.

I have the same problem.  The work around mentioned above worked for me too.  But it would be nice if I didn't have to do this.  I don't seem to have any problems printing the brew steps directly from BS.

Back