• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

high screen resolutions and font dpi

redbone

Brewer
Reaction score
Greetings.  I got a new laptop that has a native resolution of 2880x1620.  I also increase font size in windows 8.1 to at least 150%.  Beersmith doesn't appear to take all this into account very well.  Some things are still very small text and others are too big.  Scroll windows inside beersmith such as the ingredient list working on recipes doesn't scale or resize either for higher resolution monitors.

I would love to see these features to be considered.    If you need screenshots to understand what I'm talking about, just let me know.

I've noticed this as well, it's like the tool used to develop this software is half compliant with the High DPI stuff in windows....

Couple of things I've noticed about it, the tabs at the top aren't the correct size (cuts off half the text), The input boxes cut off text now (the need to be slightly wider), the ingredients list really needs to be resizable, or at least scale to the rest of the sheet, and on from that, there's a lot of wasted space on the right hand side when everything could scale out to, also (a small one) the buttons in the top right don't appear to have scaled correctly either (they're still quite small).

Attachments

• BeerSmithCapture.PNG
    BeerSmithCapture.PNG
    335.4 KB · Views: 479
I am having the same problem.  Windows 8.1, 3200 x 1800 screen res, BeerSmith v2.2.12

I also echo all of the fixes mentioned above.  Its very difficult to navigate this program without this support.

FYI.  I found a related topic in the Support forum.  Appears to be a bug that has been around for awhile.  I wanted to point you to the thread.  It can be found here ... http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,10949.msg44627.html#msg44627

Back