• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

how to make all the windows fit my screen

AlanLevs

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey
I've been using beersmith for 1 year and I always tried to make the mash and ferm tabs fit my screen, the mashing steps windows only fits 2 steps and its just annoying having to use the arrows to see the others.
also with the fermentation tab, i want to be able to see the fermentation graph a lot more bigger than it is.

anybody knows if this is possible???

thnx.

What screen resolution are you using and how big of a monitor?

I seem to have a similar problem where beersmith has %75 wasted dead space at 1920x1200.

Attachments

• screen 1920x1200.png
    screen 1920x1200.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 413
I've noticed this also. My longer fermentation graph is cut near the end.

I think this is the problem of how the application set the sizers in the GUI library (that is if the page content could be streched/expanded when the window/page size changes). It looks like that sizers aren't expanding as they should and are capped for some fixed resolution. You can test it like that: Open the recipe in the window mode and try to resize the window by grabbing the right/bottom border. What you'll see is the same layout only the scrollbars are changing. What I would expect (Default? Some config param?) to expand/resize some controls to adapt for window size change (i.e. in "Mash" tab, Mash steps could be expanded/shrinked to the window size; In "Fermentation", the graph could be expanded to the window size).

Yes my screen resolution is 1920x1200, I'm having the same problem as you guys. lets hope this is fixed for the next update

Back