Hi everyone, I'm new to this board. Hello from Camano Island Washington. I just registered today. I've been brewing with extracts, etc. for 30 years and just in the past 3 months have started all grain brewing. I purchased a B3 500 (cool toy), and I'm working on getting the hang of all grain brewing. It's been an interesting learning experience but I'm getting better at it. My first batch was a Flaxhead Ale but my OG was only 1.040 and should have been 1.056. The final product tasted OK but was a light version of this brew which I have made many times with extracts. My 2nd batch was a wheat beer and again I ended up around 1.040 for my OG, so I did some more research and found my ph was off both in the mash and sparge water. After correcting this my third batch (a winter ale) hit the mark (OG of 1.068 where beersmith projected 1.066). As I'm typing this I'm standing in my garage brewing up my 4th batch (German Pils)...will know the preboil and postboil OG in a few hours.